Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Course, which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book
The British Council in New Zealand delivers IELTS through independent test centres, our partners. You can take your test at one of the official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
For all enquiries and to make a booking, please contact the centre closest to you.
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete a Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- Pay for your test: You can pay for your test either through our online registration system, in person at your preferred IELTS centre or via bank transfer.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Prep App.