British Council NZ & the Pacific no longer offers an ad hoc exams service. This does not affect IELTS testing centres.

Local candidates for other UK exams should consult their examining body for information on the nearest available testing centre.

You can also email The University of Auckland: exams@auckland.ac.nz or Massey University, Wellington: wellington-exams@massey.ac.nz to arrange ad hoc exams.

IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 

If you are planning to study, live or work abroad, you may need to take an IELTS exam. Check your nearest test centre here.

Do you need to prove your English language level for a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application?

IELTS is on the UKVI list of approved Secure English Language Tests (SELT). If you need an IELTS test result as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), you will need to take your test at a specific test location authorised by UKVI.

To find out whether you need to take IELTS for UKVI, and what level you need to achieve, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website for more information.

Please note: If you are applying for a Tier 4 student visa to a Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS), please check the official Register of Sponsors before you apply.

Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)

University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) is the world's largest provider of international qualifications for 14-19 year-olds. You can organise exams through local representative Roger Franklin-Smith or contact the Association of Cambridge Schools in New Zealand Inc here.

External links