About Internationalising Higher Education
Our work in higher education and research looks to enhance global education and promote global citizenship. We do this by connecting people working in the UK higher education sector with counterparts in NZ & the Pacific and internationally, and by supporting dialogue and exchanges between higher education institutes.
The British Council works with government, universities, research institutions, individuals and ministries in NZ & the Pacific, the UK and globally to share examples of good practice in order to help develop expertise in:
- employability and career development
- academic research.
Internationalising Higher Education provides an international dimension to learning in universities and colleges. As part of this programme we:
- work with ministries and UK partners to develop strategies, policies and practice to develop the human resources needed for a move towards a knowledge-based economy
- encourage local and international discussion on higher education issues and challenges
- support government policies looking to increase employment and economic growth through education reflecting the needs of employers
- support and take part in developing professional networks promoting information sharing and dialogue.
What we can offer
We can work with you to:
- share lessons and experience on educational reform and internationalisation with global educational leaders
- help you access the right UK partners to collaborate with
- promote your NZ & the Pacific and UK collaborative programmes
- provide information on collaboration opportunities and government funding.
Our work in Internationalising Higher Education includes:
- Global policy and education dialogues: We help educators from the UK and around the world identify core themes and issues for debate and discussion. The goal is to create better policies and practices that influence educational leaders and policy makers. Our work includes conferences in East Asia and globally.
- Knowledge Economy Partnerships: We believe partnerships among people from different countries and cultures are mutually beneficial for all participants. We therefore facilitate and encourage international partnerships bringing leading UK educational institutions to NZ & the Pacific and take NZ & the Pacific educators to the UK.
- Services for International Education Marketing: British Council provides a set of professional services to help educational institutions achieve the best results from their international marketing activities. For detailed information on each service, please visit the British Council Services for International Education Marketing website.
Our expertise, experience and worldwide networks help partners achieve their goals in internationalising higher education.
Find more details about our global conferences or services in internationalising higher education please contact us.